About MONTANA BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
"Promoting appreciation and knowledge of Montana through exciting educational opportunities for all ages."
We are dedicated to providing children with fun, hands-on and stimulating environments to inspire, explore and discover. Museums are crucial to instill a lifelong love of learning by immersing children in an area of interest to them.
We believe early learning is the foundation for lifelong learning and achievement. We work with museums and other similar establishments to assist and build on their efforts. We also work to create and help fund new opportunities for families and children to benefit from.
◢ Fun, Accessible Learning
We engage learners by sparking interest and supporting education through wonder, play, hands-on exploration, and experimentation.
◢ Authenticity And Relevance
The places we work with will present real objects and phenomena, solid scientific research, and compelling stories and insights from diverse perspectives.
◢ Remaining Vital To Our Community
We serve a vital role in Montana, providing resources and opportunities for learning that are valued by families, educators, funders, and policy-makers.
◢ Leadership Through Collaboration
We collaborate with organizations near and far, improving our own work, benefitting our partners, and setting an example for others.
Adam Somers - President
Jeff Biscoe - Secretary, Treasurer
Jeremiah Rouane - Vice President
Alexa Donohue - Executive Director
• Stewardship – The staff and board will govern the organization with a “Duty of Care” and “Duty of Loyalty” to protect and distribute assets for the purpose of advancing the vision and mission of the organization.
• Interdependence – We will work collaboratively with nonprofit organizations to assure the best possible outcome of projects funded by Montana Beyond The Classroom.
• Courage – We will view projects seeking funding in light of the mission of the foundation without regard to criticism or difficulty.
• Integrity – We will adhere to moral and ethical principles.
• Excellence – We will strive to be excellent in our work and labor diligently to make a big impact with our resources.
• Transparency – We will operate openly and candidly.
• Leadership – We will lead by example, helping change the world one organization at a time through funding incentives, guidance and collaboration.
• Charitable – We will award funding to programs representing great need.
MBTC tax identification number